I LIKE IT

I LIKE IT
d LIKING

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Is this DEVOTION???

You might have seen many people who donate foods and money for the welfare of the needed lives.I wonder on those who offer their hair to the temples.I keep on questioning if they could cut off any one of their organs to the lord.
A jobless Indian "devotee" was admitted to hospital after he cut off his tongue and offered it to his credible Hindu goddess,the police said on Thursday.
Doctors have stitched the wound ,but said the man,who was identified as Suresh Kumar, 24, may not be able to speak again any more.
The incident took place on Tuesday evening when Kumar visited a temple ,of Hindu goddess Kali on the outskirts of Jammu, the winter capital of Indian Kashmir.
In the mean time ,praying inside the temple, he cut his tongue off with a knife and gave it to the priest to offer it to the deity. He was immediately rushed to hospital.
when reporters visited him in hospital, he wrote on a piece of paper that, "I am a true disciple of the goddess and it is my firm belief which has given me the strength to offer my tongue to her".

If the younger generation is going in such a superstitious way, what is there in the toil of reformers???

0 comments: